Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Friday, 18 November 2016

Weekly Progress: November 18, 2016

I had intended to make this post on Wednesday, but was feeling slightly under the weather. At any rate, here is my progress on various music-related projects for this week:

Here is a list of various musical projects that I'm working on, and my current progress with those projects.

1) This blog - ongoing:

Yes, as you can see, I'm still working on the blog. I've begun writing up a series on how to tune the guitar, after that I will start to cover the basics of how to play. I've also started a table of contents page (as yet unpublished), so you can more easily find what you're looking for on my site.

I've made progress since last week, but not a lot. Next week should be better (I was a bit sick this week for a few days).

Progress so far: 1.25%? (Slightly more than last week)

2) Songs For Ghosts (my next album):

Since last week's progress update, I've begun recording the main guitar parts, and I might have them done for 3 of the ten songs (I say "might" because I have to go back for another listen, but the first time I heard the tracks I was optimistic). I've begun arranging some of the lead guitar on "Step Outside". I feel good about this week's work, and next week I should have an even greater opportunity for recording (I had some more urgent stuff that I had to do for students)...

Progress so far: 27% - the songs are written, some stuff is recorded, I've just got to keep recording at this point!

3) Recital preparation:

I have some students who are in our Christmas recital at Pro Music (the music school where I teach), and I had to finish recording some backing tracks for their performances. It was easy enough to do, just time consuming: one particular track took over 3 hours because I couldn't figure out how to do a drum loop in Audacity. But now I can do drum loops! The time invested in the recording was worth it.

Progress: More or less done, just need to put the tracks on my iPod for performance night.

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel - I'm close to finished on the intro to the song, and I've started learning the verse - contrary to what I wrote last week, I don't really think there is a "chorus" part, at least not one distinct from the intro. Progress is probably about 30% on this song.

How Long Will I Love You from the "About Time" movie soundtrack - same as last week

Various songs for my 3rd album: no significant progress, but keeping what I have got so far in practice

That's it for this week!

I hope you're making great progress on your own musical projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment