Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Weekly Progress: November 23


Weekly Progress: November 23, 2016

Here is a list of various musical projects of mine, and the progress I've made this week.

1) This blog - ongoing:


I've finished part 1 in my series on tuning (How to Tune Your Guitar, Step 1: Using a Tuner), and I've started on step 2 (tuning the guitar to itself). I've done more work making various edits and adding to the table of contents. Progress is good - slow, but steady.

Progress so far: 1.5%? (Slightly more than last week)

2) Songs For Ghosts (my next album):

I think so far I have all but 2 of the main guitar parts for the songs (there are 10 songs, and 9 have guitar), so progress has been great this week. I intend tonight to finish as much of the main guitar recording as I can, and then to start thinking about what else needs to be added to the songs (aside from vocals, which I haven't started yet).

Progress so far: 35% - the songs are written, a lot of guitar is recorded, Just keep recording!

3) Poster for my office:

For some time now I've been thinking about decorating my office more at Pro Music (where I teach guitar). I had a great idea for a poster: something along the lines of, "top 100 things you need to know as a guitarist/bassist". I have a lot of great ideas for this and I'm just gradually working on sorting them out.

This project is very low-priority for me, so I just make sure to do a little bit each week.

Progress so far: 15% - I have most of the ideas but am far from actual conception of the poster.

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

I didn't make much progress this week with any of my other repertoire. Just a bit of light practice. Nothing to report here.

That's it for this week - I hope you're also making progress on your music projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment