Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 7 December 2016

Wednesday Weekly Progress Update - December 7

Here is my weekly progress update and how I've been doing with my various musical projects.

1) This blog - ongoing:


I've finished part 2 in my series on tuning (How to Tune Your Guitar, Step 2: Tuning the Guitar to Itself), and I've started on step 3 (alternate tunings). I've tidied up a few old posts, and started a few other posts, and I've got a clearer picture of what I'm going to be doing on a weekly basis. Good progress was made this week - still pretty slow, but steady nonetheless.

Progress so far: 2%? (Slightly more than last week)

2) Songs For Ghosts (my next album):

Upon closer inspection of my guitar recordings, some of them aren't up to snuff. The plan at this point is to re-record the guitar for 5 of the songs. The other 4 guitar songs are good to go, so I'll be recording vocals soon.

I've come up with a few ideas for other guitar parts and vocals, so I'm excited to see how things shape up.

Progress so far: 35% - need to finish guitar and start on the vocals

3) Poster for my office:

I've got most of the poster mapped out and I'm starting to work on cleaning up the wording for it. This is still a very low-priority for me, so I'm still only doing a little bit each week.

Progress so far: 18% - I have most of the ideas but am far from actual conception of the poster.

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

Not much progress here. Hurting my hand last week slowed me down here, but I expect to see more practice here next week.

Keep practicing and working away at your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment