Here is my weekly progress update (which has become a regular Wednesday occurrence):
1) This blog - ongoing:
I made a blog post about my poster that's going to go up in my office where I teach guitar (the link to the blog post is here, but there's not much to see... yet!)
I've gotten into a pretty good rhythm as to what I should be doing on any particular day. Tuesdays are when I post about theory, Wednesdays I update my progress, Thursdays tend to be more philosophical ("What makes a good song?", etc.), Fridays are just something fun, and Saturdays are about songwriting. Sundays and Mondays are a bit of a wild card (and sometimes I take Sundays off).
Progress is good.
Progress so far: 2.75% - a good sense of direction and lots of updates behind the scenes
2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):
I think the rhythm guitar tracks are all done except for one. I've had LOTS of retakes - I'm a perfectionist and want my tracks to sound as good as possible - but progress is being made.
1) This blog - ongoing:
I made a blog post about my poster that's going to go up in my office where I teach guitar (the link to the blog post is here, but there's not much to see... yet!)
I've gotten into a pretty good rhythm as to what I should be doing on any particular day. Tuesdays are when I post about theory, Wednesdays I update my progress, Thursdays tend to be more philosophical ("What makes a good song?", etc.), Fridays are just something fun, and Saturdays are about songwriting. Sundays and Mondays are a bit of a wild card (and sometimes I take Sundays off).
Progress is good.
Progress so far: 2.75% - a good sense of direction and lots of updates behind the scenes
2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):
I think the rhythm guitar tracks are all done except for one. I've had LOTS of retakes - I'm a perfectionist and want my tracks to sound as good as possible - but progress is being made.
In theory, rhythm guitar should be all recorded tomorrow night and I should be starting on the vocals or lead guitar on Friday.
Progress so far: 45% - almost done rhythm guitar, about to start recording vocals
3) Poster for my office:
Mentioned above, see point #1.
Progress so far: 32% - working on putting all of it in order with the proper wording
4) Other repertoire - ongoing:
Here is my repertoire and my progress with it:
Songs for Ghosts (album #2, currently recording): I can play all nine songs (track 1 on the album is an acapella piece), though not without the occasional error. They are generally fit for performance and almost all ready for recording.
One Day I Will Walk the City Streets Naked and Without Shame (tentative title for album #3, currently writing): of the 14 songs currently projected for this album (and things can and do change at any time, so songs could be added, replaced, etc.), most are still being written. Several are being written on piano, one on ukelele, one on bass(!), ,and the rest on either electric or acoustic guitar. I'm very excited about these songs as I expect this album is going to have drums, bass, piano, guitars, ukelele, keyboards, and more.
Cover songs: I'm currently working on 5 songs:
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Sharp-Dressed Man - Peter Gabriel
In Bloom - Nirvana
How Long Will I Love You? - About Time soundtrack (performed by Jon Boden, Sam Sweeney, Ben Coleman, but originally by Ellie Goulding)
This Flight Tonight - Nazareth (it's a Joni Mitchell song, but I'm playing more in the style of Nazareth)
I'm learning these cover songs for personal reasons the likes of which I won't go into right now (mostly as a thank you to various members of my family). Progress is good on all songs - I'm
attempting them all on acoustic guitar which has led to some interesting results so far.
Progress so far: Album #2 is going well, Album #3 is slow but steady, cover songs are about halfway there...
Here's hoping your own repertoire is progressing!
No comments:
Post a Comment