Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Wednesday Weekly Progress Update - December 28

Whew! It's been a busy week despite Pro Music (the school where I work) being closed for ten days for the Christmas holidays. I've been to three Christmas dinners in the last four days (it would have been four had it not been for freezing rain warnings keeping us home for the third event).

Nevertheless, I've made some progress this week. Here's how things are going for me...

Here is my weekly progress update (which has become a regular Wednesday occurrence):

1) This blog - ongoing:


I've got a table of contents page (click here if you want to check it out) that should allow you to more easily find what you're looking to learn. Want to know about songwriting? Check the list of songwriting posts. New to guitar? Follow the links in order to start learning!

As with many things on this blog, it is a work in progress, but it will be updated after every post (except for these ones, because you don't really need to know my weekly progress to learn how to play your instrument)..

Progress is very good here.

Progress so far: 3.25% - table of contents is up and running

2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

I haven't taken as many opportunities to record this week.Admittedly I probably could have spent at least another hour or three on this and didn't. But I won't make excuses and tonight I should be starting work on vocals.

I have to listen to one rhythm guitar track but the rest seem good.

Progress so far: 47% - rhythm guitar might be done!

3) Poster for my office:

Some progress here, not much. I'm trying to make some posts on here that relate to the poster.

Progress so far: 33% - still working on putting all of it in order with the proper wording

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

Here is my repertoire and my progress with it:

Songs for Ghosts (album #2, currently recording): working on vocals now

One Day I Will Walk the City Streets Naked and Without Shame (tentative title for album #3, currently writing): of the 14 songs on the album, I think I worked on two or three of them. Lyrics have started and progress is good on that front.

Cover songs: I'm currently working on 5 songs:
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Sharp-Dressed Man - Peter Gabriel
In Bloom - Nirvana
How Long Will I Love You? - About Time soundtrack (performed by Jon Boden, Sam Sweeney, Ben Coleman, but originally by Ellie Goulding)
This Flight Tonight - Nazareth (it's a Joni Mitchell song, but I'm playing more in the style of Nazareth)

I didn't practice the Nirvana or Ellie Goulding song this week, but the others all saw some good progress.

Progress so far: Album #2 is going well, Album #3 is slow but steady, cover songs are going well

Here's hoping progress is good for you! Keep at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment