Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Wednesday Weekly Progress Update - December 14

Here is my weekly progress update and how I've been doing with my various musical projects.

1) This blog - ongoing:


I've started on my post about my poster - I'm working on a guitar/bass/ukelele mastery poster that covers all of the fundamental steps necessary to achieve mastery in these instruments.

I've been posting almost everyday, and progress is good, so no complaints here.

Progress so far: 2.25%? (Slightly more than last week)

2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

I think I've got all but 2 of the main rhythm guitar tracks finished for the album. One of the challenges for recording has been that I don't have the ideal studio set up, so I can't always be sure of the quality of the tracks on first inspection. It'll get fixed at some point, for now I'll just suffer through it.

I haven't started vocals yet, but I will soon - I've been prioritizing the rhythm guitar tracks first.

Progress so far: 40% - need to finish guitar and start on the vocals

3) Poster for my office:

As I said above, I've begun my blog post on my poster. It will eventually be a highly-linked post, where every item on the list will link to its own article/blog post on the subject. I've begun ordering the topics based on importance, and things are looking good.

Progress so far: 22% - I have most of the ideas but am far from actual conception of the poster.

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

Most of my practice has been for album recording and songs for my 3rd album, and has been productive. I have yet to find a really solid rhythm for practicing all of my repertoire - call it a casualty of perhaps being spread too thin... but I'll get there eventually.

Here's hoping your projects and songs are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment