Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Saturday, 15 April 2017

Songwriting Sessions: Proof You Can Write About Just About Anything

Last week I wrote about the idea that there is always something to write about (which you can read about here). Here is some evidence that this is true.

For my next album, Songs for Ghosts, which I'm currently recording, I tried to briefly summarize the theme or subject matter of each song. Here's what I came up with:

Silver Knight: I wasn't good enough (or so you think)
Step Outside: take a risk, I've got your back
The Girl With The Green Eyes: I want you here
Statues: that moment was everything
Little Blond Curls: song about my son/life
Oak: I'm always here for you no matter what
Vital Signs and Fumbled Lines: life is not just flesh and bones
Fortress: let me in, I'm not afraid of your demons/bad side
Little Ones: we'll meet again
Songs for Ghosts: let go of the past

Here are some potential song themes for my third album:

- I'm not ashamed to be me
- I'm not letting fear stop me
- I need your light
- you're my Serenity
- silly song about koalas
- love is everything
- temptation is always there
- people think I'm a freak
- love is the answer
you're going crazy
- unload your problems on me
becoming a new person
the price we pay for war
- you dumped me
- stop hiding inside your fake world

These could change before I finish the album, but that's not the point. The point is there are all kinds of things to write about, and if you simply write about things that are of interest to you, you will find no shortage of inspiration. So get writing! And have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment