Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Wednesday Weekly Progress - April 12

What a crazy week this has been! Here's what I've been up to...

1) Blog - ongoing:
Okay, so in light of the fact that working on my album is taking longer than I'd hoped, and since I can only do so much work on it a day (between two and four hours at most), I've gotten back into blogging. I'm trying not to let my blog work derail my progress on the album, and so far, so good (there are times now when I can blog when I can't really work on the album, i.e. when watching the kids in the morning).

At any rate, here are this week's posts (excluding update posts and posts I haven't finished):

Everything is Practice: Okay, that's not really true, but this quick little post is a great source of inspiration for practice, and seeing how easily we can practice and make progress as musicians.

Northern Sky: Just a fun little story about me and a song I completely forgot about recording.

Songwriting Sessions: There's Always Something to Write About: Do you write music? Do you think there's nothing worth writing about? Check this post out and get inspired (and get writing)!

Measure Your Progress Objectively: Finally, another poster post! Learn how to track your progress as a musician so you can be confident that you're getting better.

Progress so far: 15.5% (these percentages are just a guess, but probably close enough)

2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

I'm in the "choosing tracks" phase of the album - picking the tracks for each song that I'm going to use. This involves deleting bad vocal and guitar takes, and things like that.

I'm on song 7 out of 10 right now and about halfway there. Songs 8 and 9 won't take very long, and song 10 will also take a while. This weekend promises to be fruitful because I have very few commitments all weekend.

Progress so far: 93.5% - almost done selecting tracks, looking forward to mixing soon

3) Poster for my office:

As mentioned above, I did one post about my poster: Measure Your Progress Objectively.

Progress so far: 55% - almost done selecting tracks, looking forward to mixing soon

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

Very little practice. Some piano and ukelele, and a little guitar here and there. This will ramp up once the album is done, although I do need to be practicing a bit more now.

Here's hoping next week the album is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment