Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Wednesday Weekly Progress - April 5

I missed posting my progress last week. I can't remember if it was before or after I got sick, but at any rate, I'm back, and ready to update you!

There's really only one thing worth updating you on at the moment (if you've been reading my blog lately, you can probably guess what it is):

1) 2nd Album, Songs For Ghosts:

My progress here is great. I was sick for a few days and didn't do much, but I'm about halfway through the "listening/selecting" phase of the process. This is where I listen to everything and decide which tracks I think I'm going to keep, and which I'm going to get rid of. After I finish this, I move on to the actual mixing process, where I try to make the songs sound like they should.

Progress: 92% - almost ready to do the actual mixing.

I'm hoping this week to get back to more frequent blog-posting - not as much as before my work on the album, but more than I've been doing lately. It looks like this album is simply going to take longer than I'd like, in light of when I have time to work on it. Juggling my full schedule of students for lessons (I have about 60 students) with helping my wife with the kids doesn't leave a lot of time for mixing. I'm not making excuses, though. I could put more time into the album every day, but not a lot more without throwing off the delicate and successful balance that we've maintained in our home.

Anyway, have a great week! I've got more album work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment