Should we be humble as musicians? Absolutely.
Should we ask for help from a professional teacher whenever possible or necessary? Definitely.
But sometimes as musicians we don't have someone to give us an answer (at least not right in the moment). In those situations, we always make our best guess.
I do what I can to put as much information on my blog as possible so you have the information you need. But I can't possibly foresee the answer to every possible question (part of the reason I recommend you find a teacher and take lessons with them).
Don't know which fingers to use or the exact rhythm of the chorus? Guess.
Don't know how the solo to your favourite song should be played? Listen to the song, then take your best guess.
Don't know how to plug into your amp properly? Okay, you should probably read the manual so you don't cause anyone to go deaf!
In general, as long as you are seeking improvement, and so long as you are doing what you can to make an improvement (which includes being humble and asking for help), you should guess when necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment