How did I do this week? Let's see what I've been up to...
1) This blog - ongoing:
Aside from continuing to edit some of my old posts, I added the following new posts since last week:
What is a major 7th (maj7) chord?: This is a post describing the major 7th chord, a cool sounding chord that every musician should learn
Temet Nosce (Know Thyself): Who are you as a musician? What are your goals? Check out this post about knowing yourself, one of the most important aspects of learning music!
Songwriting Sessions: Songwriting in Action, Part 3 (Lyrics First!), Part 3: Here I continue my posting about a song I'm writing on the blog. This week I posted a sample of the vocal melody.
Wonderful Wonderwalls: If you've never heard the song "Wonderwall" by Oasis, I recommend this post
When to Take a Break: In general, most students of music don't practice enough. But sometimes we do need to take a break. This post talks about when to take a break.
How Do I Play Harmonics?: Harmonics are really cool sounding notes that are used in tuning and in songs. Learn more about them with this post!
Progress so far: 9% (these percentages are just my best guess, but it's probably close enough)
2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):
Progress is great here. I'm doing about 4 or 5 hours of vocal work a week on the album, and singing each song keeps getting easier. I've been trying to do all of the vocals for a song in one take, which hasn't been easy, but I've been keeping most of my vocal takes in case I decide to mix and match them later (if trying to do it all in one take ends up taking too long).
Progress so far: 63% - vocal work going well
3) Poster for my office:
Just like last week, I did 2 blog posts relating to my poster (When to Take a Break and Temet Nosce (Know Thyself)). I think it's going to get a little harder to do 2 posts a week, because I've done the easiest posts so far and skipped the ones that I expect will take more work. Nevertheless, I'll keep chipping away at this, and as I mentioned last week, I suspect I could be done this by the summer.
Progress so far: 45% - solid progress
4) Other repertoire - ongoing:
3rd album songs - I've practiced most of the songs that I have so far for my tentative 3rd album. There are about 14 or 15 of them, and I did work on about 9 or 10 of them... I'm very excited about this album even though I'm not planning on recording until the summer of 2018
Cover songs - I haven't done much work on these songs, maybe only one or two of them (there are 5 I'm working on right now). This always get last priority in my work right now, but I should probably do more than I'm doing. I'm going to start singing them more often to master the vocals and lyrics, and go from there. I should probably set a time-line for when I finish these songs as well (I don't pressure myself too much with regards to dead-lines, but that's usually because I'm flexible with them and set fairly reasonable dead-lines as well).
Keep on keeping on! Have a great and progressive week.
2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):
Progress is great here. I'm doing about 4 or 5 hours of vocal work a week on the album, and singing each song keeps getting easier. I've been trying to do all of the vocals for a song in one take, which hasn't been easy, but I've been keeping most of my vocal takes in case I decide to mix and match them later (if trying to do it all in one take ends up taking too long).
Progress so far: 63% - vocal work going well
3) Poster for my office:
Just like last week, I did 2 blog posts relating to my poster (When to Take a Break and Temet Nosce (Know Thyself)). I think it's going to get a little harder to do 2 posts a week, because I've done the easiest posts so far and skipped the ones that I expect will take more work. Nevertheless, I'll keep chipping away at this, and as I mentioned last week, I suspect I could be done this by the summer.
Progress so far: 45% - solid progress
4) Other repertoire - ongoing:
3rd album songs - I've practiced most of the songs that I have so far for my tentative 3rd album. There are about 14 or 15 of them, and I did work on about 9 or 10 of them... I'm very excited about this album even though I'm not planning on recording until the summer of 2018
Cover songs - I haven't done much work on these songs, maybe only one or two of them (there are 5 I'm working on right now). This always get last priority in my work right now, but I should probably do more than I'm doing. I'm going to start singing them more often to master the vocals and lyrics, and go from there. I should probably set a time-line for when I finish these songs as well (I don't pressure myself too much with regards to dead-lines, but that's usually because I'm flexible with them and set fairly reasonable dead-lines as well).
Keep on keeping on! Have a great and progressive week.
No comments:
Post a Comment