Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Wednesday Weekly Progress - February 15

February is continuing to go very well. Here's my progress for the week.

1) This blog - ongoing: 

This was another good week for the blog. Here's what I've been posting.

Practicing in Two Dimensions: Learn how to practice in two dimensions, and greatly increase the speed at which you improve.

The Basics of Playing Ukelele: Starting out on the uke? Get started here!

When five musicians play the same guitar...: The title says it all. A really cool video!

Basic Rhythm:  Every musician needs to understand and develop a good sense of rhythm. This blog post will get you started.

Songwriting Sessions Songwriting in Action (lyrics first!), Part 5: Here I continue my song that I'm writing for the blog, "Blood in the Fields". This week I tried it with some electric guitars. Check out my progress so far!

Guess When Necessary: When as musicians is it good to guess?

Do I Really Need to Learn Scales?: Is it possible to get by learning bass, guitar, or ukelele without ever learning scales? This post gives you the answer.

I'm probably going to be dialing back a little on my blog-posting, as I'm entering crunch time for recording my album (I have about a month or so to finish it), but I will continue to post Monday through Saturday.

Progress so far: 13% (these percentages are just my best guess, but it's probably close enough)


2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

I'm still trying to record the vocals perfectly in one take, like last week, but as of Monday that stops, for better or worse. I've learned a lot from doing so and have gotten a lot better at using a microphone, as well as learning to relax. I'm not going to lie, though: it will probably be a lot easier to record the vocals when I can start and stop wherever I want!

Progress so far: 70% - vocal work going well


3) Poster for my office:

I've been focusing on getting the posts done that relate to my poster (yet again), and I did quite well with that, having written 4 posts (also listed above): Practicing in Two DimensionsThe Basics of Playing UkeleleBasic RhythmGuess When Necessary.

I feel good about this getting closer to being finished, and look forward to seeing more progress in the coming week.

Progress so far: 50% - good progress

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

3rd album songs - I've been practicing less here. With the exception of the piano songs, I haven't done much practice on these songs at all, but I expect things to pick up more once I'm done my 2nd album.

Cover songs - Of the five songs I'm working on, I practiced most of them, but not very much, again because of the work on my album. I still haven't figured out my "endgame" for these songs (aka when to be finished learning them), but I'm guess maybe end of the summer

Have a great week and keep making progress, and I'll do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment