Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Thursday, 25 May 2017

Growth Occurs Faster Than Decay

Your growth on guitar tends to be faster than your decay. The better you get at a song (and at playing in general), the longer you can go without practicing something.

Let me give an example to make my point.

I have been playing guitar for about 20 years. I have found that most simple strumming songs require no practice for me to be able to play them well. Compare that to a new student, who would need to practice the song on a fairly regular basis to see improvement.

From this we can also observe that the harder something is for you to play, the more often it needs to be practiced.

And so, of course, the better player you are, the easier songs will tend to be, and the less practice will be required. I don't mean to discourage practice, of course... you should be consistent with practice, and be sure to practice enough. I've written in more detail how much you should practice here.

Keep practicing and keep growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment