Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Wednesday Weekly Progress - May 24

Things are moving forward. Here's what's been going on for me this week:

1) Blog - ongoing:

This was a decent week for the blog. Here's what I wrote about:

Test Your Limits and Your Beliefs: Your beliefs may be limiting your ability to learn your instrument. Find out how and why, and how to eliminate any negative beliefs you may have about your ability to play music.

Songwriting Sessions: Retooling: Learn what retooling is and how to use it to improve your songwriting.

God Save the Queen!: It was Victoria Day here in Canada, so it only seemed appropriate to pay homage to our monarch.

When to Practice Slowly: Sometimes practicing slowly is your best bet to... believe it or not.. play faster! Learn more about this and when and why you should practice slowly.

Progress so far: 16.2% (these percentages are just a guess, but probably close enough)

2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

Mixing did not happen as often as I'd like, but progress was made. I know now exactly what needs to be recorded again and I've made some small dents in the mixing process.

Progress so far: 95.3% - mixing in action

3) Poster for my office:

I wrote two posts about my eventual wall poster, Test Your Limits and Your Beliefs, and When to Practice Slowly. I put a small dent in my work towards the page I'm working on for how to read guitar tab, too (but it's not done yet).

Progress so far: 57.8%

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

This was the best week of practice I've had in recent months. I'd like a bit more this week, but we'll see how things go.

Keep on being awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment