Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Friday, 26 May 2017

What Makes a Song Fun?

Every week I attempt to make a post on Friday that's:

1) music-related (obviously, it's a music blog); and
2) somehow fun

Oddly enough, I find this really hard to do, much harder than any other blog post. Perhaps that says something about what I find fun (studying languages and math are counted amongst my hobbies). At any rate...

I was asking myself, "What makes a song fun?", and this was one of the first songs that came to mind:


Then Youtube's autoplay led me to this song, which I definitely think falls under the "fun" category...

I'm a sucker for a good pop song, and I think these two songs are fantastic examples of fun songs (although in different ways - the first is more quirky, the second more straightforward). I have been known to dance around the dining room with my daughter to "Good Time."

Perhaps you don't find pop music fun. Well, even punk rockers like a good pop song! Check out my post on "retooling" (here) and you'll see what I'm talking about (spoiler: there are two fun songs I link to in this post).

Hope you're having a good time and a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment