Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Sunday, 28 May 2017

I hate the recording process

Okay, I confess. I hate recording. I hate mixing. I hate editing songs. All of it.

I LOVE writing songs. The creative process fills me with joy, and purpose. I love doing it. But I don't like any of the work involved with the actual recording process.

I wanted to be done this album in March and now it's almost June. There have been many reasons for the setbacks, which I won't go into detail about today (perhaps that will be the subject matter for a third album, if I live that long).

I'm writing this to confess, and be honest. And to tell you the truth, I really want to quit this project, again for many reasons. But in the interest of following through on my commitment, and acting like an adult, and setting a good example, I am soldiering forward. I know I will enjoy the end product. But the process is not fun.

Yeah, I'm whining a bit here. Nobody likes a whiner. I'm just trying to be honest. And yes, I am aware that it's true that whining about the project won't get it done! Perhaps I'm writing this to show my students that you don't have to love everything you do in music to work through it. Sometimes things suck, and that's okay (this doesn't actually suck that much).

Anyway, back to work I go! Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment