Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Wednesday Weekly Progress - March 8

Whew! Time flies, I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. Here's what I've been up to.

1) Blog - ongoing:

Well, this week takes the cake, as far as lack of progress is concerned. My focus on my album (see #2 below) has definitely cut into my blogging time, but here's what I did this week:

Introduction to Folk Music: This one's still under construction, but here's a brief introduction to North American Folk music.
Friday Fun: Marble Machine: Want to see something really cool? How about marbles playing music?

Songwriting Saturdays: Songwriting Sandwich: Songwriting is like a sandwich (sort of). Find out how they are similar in this post.

Each Scale Contains Multiple Chords: Just when you thought I'd run out of reasons to give for learning scales, and for why scales are important, I find yet another one. Read it and learn your scales!

Progress so far: 15% (these percentages are just a guess, but probably close enough)

2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

Holy moly, I've been working like crazy on this. Every day has seen lots of progress, and I might actually get all of the recording done before Sunday (when I start mixing the album, in theory). 

Out of 10 songs:
- 9 songs need more vocals (but most of them are very close to being done)
- 3 songs need more guitar (but not very much)

And after that, I think I'm ready to start mixing. Yes!

Progress so far: 82% - lots more recording to do, but an end is in sight!

3) Poster for my office:

I literally did nothing for this, this week. I probably won't work on this at all next week either, but the following week should be productive. My album is my number one priority right now.

Progress so far: 53% - good progress

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

Same as last week. A bit of practice, but nothing worth mentioning. more in a couple weeks.

Keep at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment