Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Wednesday Weekly Progress - March 1

The beginning of a new month, and more progress has been had. Here's how I've been doing this past week.

1) Blog - ongoing: 

This is probably the least amount of work I've done on the blog in a while, but for good reason (see #2 below).

Intro to Pop Music: Learn a little about pop music (this one is under construction).

Metal Mario: What do you get when you cross Super Mario Bros. with some heavy electric guitar? This video!

Songwriting Sessions: Inspired by Other Musicians: Sometimes even big pop stars use other peoples' songs as inspiration for their own. Read more about that here.

How to Tune Your Ukelele: Do you have a ukelele? Do you need to know how to tune it? Learn how here?

Solos are Based on Scales: For the last couple of weeks I've been blogging about the importance of scales. Scales are needed for chords, solos, and many other things. This particular post is about how scales relate to solos.

Progress so far: 14.5% (these percentages are just a guess, but probably close enough)


2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

Progress is good. Lots of recording, planning, more recording and listening. My goal is to finish recording before March 12th or so, and then do the mixing. I'm not sure this is realistic, but it gives me an idea of how much I need to do each day.

Progress so far: 77% - lots more recording to do, but an end is in sight!

3) Poster for my office:

How to Tune Your Ukelele is the only post relating to the poster this week.

Progress so far: 53% - good progress

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

3rd album songs - Similar to last week. Did a bit here and there, but nothing much. This will change when the 2nd album is finished!

Cover songs - A small amount of practice, but not a lot. More after album 2! (Have you noticed my priorities lately?)

Keep being awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment