Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Monday, 9 January 2017

Be grateful

Music is one of the most wonderful things in the world. It is a form of communication, an outlet of expression, and a wonderful way to entertain others. Music is a gift. You should be grateful for the existence of music, in its many forms and styles.

Learning to play music is a gift. Whether you share that gift with others - be it just a few friends or family members, or an arena filled with thousands of adoring fans - is up to you. I encourage you to share it with others.

Regardless, you should be grateful for the process of learning music, every step of the way. There are times when learning to play an instrument or sing isn't "fun" and seems like "work". But those moments are what allow for the more enjoyable times. You can't play anything until you've practiced enough.

You can learn to love practice, as I have. I like playing scales. I like using the metronome while practicing. I even like brushing up on my theory. The reason I like all of these things is that I know and have accepted that they make me a better player, and I am grateful for it. If you are grateful for the gift of being able to learn music, even the scales, theory, and other practice that you might now think is "boring", you will learn to enjoy every step on your path to becoming a better musician. 

Be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment