Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Friday, 6 January 2017

Bohemian Rhapsody in Minor

Here's a neat one.

Take Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody", which is already a pretty somber song (at least in the beginning), and then turn it from Bb major to Bb minor. This is what you get:


It sounds a little strange in some spots - but talk about depressing! But very cool to hear nonetheless. While the original song is in a major key and still a bit on the sad side, the minor version is, I think, even sadder - which tends to lend credibility to the idea that we associate minor with "sad" and major with "happy" (although, as I've argued on other posts, I don't always think that's the case).

Let's not get too depressed... we'll end on a happy note: Darth Vader's Redemption! AKA the Imperial March in A Major.


May the force be with you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment