Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Notes on the Ukelele Fretboard

These are the notes of the ukelele fretboard, from the open strings (labeled "fret 0") all the way to 
the 12th fret. Many ukeleles don't have more than 12 frets, but for those that do, the notes just repeat themselves after fret 12 anyway. Fret 13 is the same as fret 1, fret 14 is the same as fret 2, etc.

Why learn the ukelele fretboard

If you have any desire to write songs on the ukelele, as I do, you should learn the fretboard, since almost all songs are based on scales.

Learning the fretboard can also make learning chords on the ukelele easier, because many of them have the same shape, but have a different name based on what fret they are played.

How to learn the notes of the fretboards

Scales are probably the easiest way to start learning notes on the fretboard. I'll have some ukelele scales up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment