Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Saturday, 28 January 2017

Songwriting Sessions: Songwriting in Action (Lyrics First!), Part 3

Part 1 of this series of blog posts can be found here.
Part 2 of this series of blog posts can be found here.

I've written the lyrics to the song "Blood in the Fields", and now it's time to start on the music. I started working on the melody to the chorus with this particular chord progression in mind: Dm C G Here's what I have so far:    The song is in the key of D Dorian, which is sort of like D minor (more on this in future theory posts). I used notes from the D Dorian scale to come up with this part of the melody.

I'll keep plugging away at the song and see what I come up with. Rock and roll!

(Part 4 of this series is here)

No comments:

Post a Comment