Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Wednesday Weekly Progress Update - January 18

Well, this week was definitely a step up from last week. Let's go over my progress on my various projects this week.

1) This blog - ongoing: 

Lots of progress here. I added:

Notes on the Ukelele Fretboard: As the title suggests, a post about the notes on the ukelele fretboard.

Songwriting Sessions: Songwriting in action (lyrics first!): In this post I begin to demonstrate songwriting in action by writing a song, starting with the lyrics.

Working on the bucket list...: This post shows the work that I've been doing on a ukelele song I've been writing (which is one of the songs on my"song bucket list" - a list of song ideas I want to see finished in my lifetime).

Tuning Your Instrument: This is a "hub" page for tuning.

Practice!: This is a post about practicing, and the benefits and expectations relating to it.

I also added some things to the sidebar. You can now access the table of contents to my site, as well as the mastery poster and homepage, no matter where you are on my blog!

Progress so far: 7.5%

2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

I recorded some vocals throughout the week, but most of it is probably junk. Why? It turns out my recording set-up was not working well, and some of my vocal recordings came out sounding muffled. I've improved the situation and am looking forward to recording my vocals.

The other challenge is that I'm currently trying to get all the vocals done in one take. On my last album I allowed myself to "punch in" - basically to mix and match vocal takes until I had one great sounding take. I'm trying not to do that this time around, but if I can't get satisfying vocal takes in the next month, I'm going to start allowing for this. I'd prefer to do it in one take, but I want to finish this album before the summer.

Progress so far: 53% - still working on vocals (but I think I know how to record them now!)

3) Poster for my office:

I've made some progress on this - I added one idea to the poster (which I can't remember off the top of my head), and I blogged about practicing, which is not surprisingly the first item on the poster list.

Progress so far: 39% - still organizing and clarifying

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

I made some progress on practice with songs for my third album. I didn't get to practicing the cover songs in my repertoire this week (there are about 4 or 5 of them), but I will try to do that this week.

This was a better week. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress this week. All of my projects are still pretty far from completion, but I'll keep this momentum until they are done! I hope you do the same with all of your musical endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment