Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Wednesday Weekly Progress Update - January 25

How did I do this week? Let's see what I've been up to...

1) This blog - ongoing:

Aside from editing a few pages here and there, I added:

What is a Minor 7th (Min7) chord?: This is a post about what notes you need to make a minor 7th chord (I've yet to add specific examples on the guitar fretboard, but have covered the theory side of things)

Listen to the Song: When learning a song, listen to it! This post gives some good reasons why.

Songwriting Sessions: Songwriting in action (lyrics first!), Part 2: Part 2 in a series of posts where I write a song starting with the lyrics.

old performance footage: This is an old video (almost a decade old!) of me performing with one of my bandmates. Check it out!

Get motivated, stay motivated: This post has some tips for you to get motivated, and to stay that way. A must-read for any musician.

Progress so far: 9% (these percentages are just my best guess, but it's probably close enough)

2) Songs For Ghosts (my 2nd album):

I've done a fair bit of recording vocals this week, but I've still got a fair bit more to do! Things are going well, here.

Progress so far: 58% - still working on vocals

3) Poster for my office:

More progress here. I'm averaging about 2 blog posts a week about the poster content (not including this one), and I feel good about that.I wouldn't be surprised to see a poster hanging in my office this summer.

Progress so far: 42% - solid progress

4) Other repertoire - ongoing:

3rd album songs - I've practiced playing a bunch of them, and this has been the first week where I've been working on some of the lyrics as well. In the case of a few songs, I feel like I need to write lyrics to make any further progress on them, so it's been a good week for that.

Cover songs - I've made some progress here on two or three of the five (I think it's five) songs I'm working on. This has typically been pretty low-priority, but I expect to see more practice on these after I finish "Songs For Ghosts" in March.

Keep being awesome! I'll try to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment