Welcome

Welcome to my blog

Welcome! If you're looking to learn guitar, ukelele, bass, songwriting, this is the place! Learn about me and what I do. About me ...

Friday, 13 January 2017

Working on the bucket list...

A little while back I made a post about a "song bucket list" (which you can view here). It's basically a "bucket list" (things to do before you "kick the bucket", i.e. die), but for different ideas or types of songs.

While some of the items on the list may not be crossed off for awhile, as most of my efforts are towards my acoustic album (for which all the songs are already written), I have been chipping away at a few. One of them is a ukelele song. I don't have lyrics. I don't have a working title. I have some ideas for the melody, but at any rate, the song is far from finished.

Despite that, I thought I'd record what I have so far and post it here. Why? I thought it might be cool for you to see a work-in-progress of a song. Any aspiring songwriters out there may find it useful, as well.



As I said, the song is far from finished. I imagine the recording of the finished product to have more than just ukelele and vocals, but it's still too early for me to have an idea of what I want.

In the future, I plan on showing how I write a song, from start to finish, using one of the song ideas on my bucket list, just so you can have an idea as to how I really write a song.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment